Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When a fire hits in Visalia and its surrounding areas, SERVPRO of Visalia helps our local residents and businesses with their fire damaged properties. If there is an unexpected fire and you don't know what to do, don't worry, our highly trained technicians are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond immediately to fire or smoke damage at your Visalia property. We understand how scary and stressful of a time this is for you and your loved ones. We have the experience, expertise, and training to restore your home or business quickly and properly "Like it never even happened."
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (559) 635-4292
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.